RubyMine & Windows & Git & AHHHHH!!!

0
389

Every three months I have to change my Windows password, which means I have to go into RubyMine and update my credentials to connect to our Enterprise GitHub server. Usually this is not a big deal because you simply go into the settings and update the password.

But this time was not so easy!

I tried to clear out all the saved passwords from KeePass inside of RubyMine and that didn’t work.

I tried to clear out all of the passwords from Windows Credential Manager and that didn’t work.

I tried updating RubyMine and repeating the two steps above to no avail.

I finally updated Git for Windows and it recreated the account in Windows Credential Manager with the new password and it finally worked!

Hope this helps if end up here by way of Google looking for an answer to the same problem.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here